​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bruce Watts ferry to Inverie

The 9.03 train from Glasgow to Mallaig on the 9th May now arrives in Mallaig at 2.10. I have spoken to Bruce Watts ferry services and they have agreed that on the 9th May The Western Isles ferry will sail at 2.30 instead of the scheduled time of 2.15 so as to give us time to run up to The West Highland Hotel,sign the register and get on board. Unless you are related to Eugene Bolt you may have to wait until you get to the Old Forge Inn for a pint. And on the subject of the Old Forge Inn they normally stop serving food at 3.00 but have agreed to keep the kitchen open for a late lunch if you need it

Re: Bruce Watts ferry to Inverie

Fabulous result, Alan!

One thing I forgot to mention and that is you can save yourself 5 minutes or so by booking the ferry on line at https://westernislescruises.co.uk/ That's almost time for a pint!

Alan Hardy
One thing I forgot to mention and that is you can save yourself 5 minutes or so by booking the ferry on line at https://westernislescruises.co.uk/ That's almost time for a pint!

Was just looking at booking the ferry there, ive never sailed over to Knoydart, so im totally in the dark regards this, is the bruce watts ferry the recomended method? Just asking as I came across another boat/company that seems to do a lot more daily crossings, id only ever previously heard about the "mv western isles"

With another ferry now operating the same journey I could not say that the mv Western Isles is the preferred or recommended choice. However I used Bruce Watts on my first Challenge way back in 1983 and on subsequent crossings to Knoydart. They have supported the Challenge since day one and given great service. This year because of the change in train times on the 9th May they have agreed to delay the ferry by 15 minutes in order that we have time to sign on and get down to the harbour. What more can I say, other than I hope to meet you on the boat

Thank you, Id always been under the impression that there was only the one ferry plying that route, the other firm appearing in a google search had me thinking/confused, hence the question.

Ticket booked with Mr Watts