​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2014 Newsletter

FoAK? Ihafc!!

john donohoe
FoAK? Ihafc!!

AB,CD goldfish.
MNO goldfish!
OSAR.
RA? OL.

Spare me the acronmys, babes. I just love how we subvert every thread into a Madness! And, for what it's worth, I bought a discounted pair of the new Terroc 330s. Um . . . very shiny and with groovy red highlights. Frankly I'll stick with my older baffies this year, but will try the new version later in the season for a Pyrennean bimble.

I am beginning to regret my original question.

I did not mean to hijack this thread.

The various replies makes me concerned about the sanity of some the folk I will be meeting. Absolutely, possibly, certifiably crackers.

I have booked my hostels and identified the bothies on my route. Being of a nervous disposition I may now be too scared to use them.

Re:- Titular means "as in the title" I got that bit, but I do not know how it relates to Torridon. English may not be my finest subject I only got an "O" level in it.

One of the acronmys I do understand and it is very naughty.

HMP is that the acronym for one of the contributors home address.

Anyway that's me finished. BFN

Baffled again.
The various replies makes me concerned about the sanity of some the folk I will be meeting. Absolutely, possibly, certifiably crackers.

I have booked my hostels and identified the bothies on my route. Being of a nervous disposition I may now be too scared to use them.

While it is true that many Challengers are as batty as a fruit cake they are, as the late Douglas Adams put it, mostly harmless. I would also add they are great fun and to get the most from the Challenge you should embrace the madness.

Ian C.

They are mostly harmless.
I would also add they are great fun and to get the most from the Challenge you should embrace the madness.
Ian C.

MOSTLY

But that implies that NOT ALL

Andrew, I choose my words with care

FoAK:

Fount (or Font) of All Knowledge
(Don't shoot! I was just copying the capitalisation!)

And please, no arguing in the back pews over 'font' or 'fount.'

Not certain about your Latin, Mikey Knipey. Surely 'titulatis' is 'you titulate'? He / she titulates would be 'titulatit'. I may, of course, be wrong. If so, blame my old Latin Master, 'Sludge'Dunn.

Its been a long time, and I only do my best latin whilst being viciously slapped around the head with a Publius Ovid Naso, so I may have got it wrong again.

Meanwhile, the Queen is walking around the city walls watching the enemy in their ships, apparently

Thank the Lord that I am not on the Challenge this year as I am completely lost already and have not left home yet!