​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deadline tonight…

Deadline for the submission of 2014 Challenge routes is midnight tonight.

Ten still to come (though the postie hasn't been yet for some reason) and only three folk have requested very slight extensions.

Re: Deadline tonight…

Hi John , I guess the "front loading " is working. When i think of when (Sir) Roger rang me ( a few years ago ) 3 weeks approx before the start inviting me on, and i replied a resounding yes . I was fortunate and realised his input . I guess though it's likely you'll still be grafting for a while yet anyway .Many thanks bill h.

John Manning
Deadline for the submission of 2014 Challenge routes is midnight tonight.

Ten still to come (though the postie hasn't been yet for some reason) and only three folk have requested very slight extensions.

So John ... Did they come in on time or are there 10 lucky SB folk?

Or if there were more than one person per route, perhaps the SB list is cleaned out? Kidnapping the postie was a smart move though - hope he's been released now.

All but one have either or arrived or been granted requested extensions, which ain't bad!

YOU ARE TOO NICE!

Much nicer than I would have been.

Mind you, I am a GRUMPY OLD MAN!!

Ain't me… it's the event. It MAKES you be nice!

But I hope the chap who missed the deadline comprehends…

On the odd occasion that someone doesn't meet the deadline and perhaps hasn't been in touch since the draw, does that person receive a three year ban (or whatever the ban penalty is)? I suppose it is possible that such a person would not reapply anyway if they're not bothered.
Just curious.

Not sure… I guess it would depend on the circumstances. They might, unknown to us, have been held prisoner in a Black Puddingista guerilla training camp in Darkest Rochdale, in which case we might let them off if they wore a TGOC T-shirt when being interviewed on TV after their release.

You're too nice John. Must be all the cake...

Darkest Rochdale! I will have you know we have a new street light. A full 20W too.

Alan Rayner
Darkest Rochdale! I will have you know we have a new street light. A full 20W too.

Wait 'til you get traffic lights - they change colour by themselves! It's like sucking Uncle Joe's Mintballs with yer eyes shut, only without the munchies and the hangover!

John, I think I speak for many of us when I say we don't want to know what you and your Uncle Joe get up to with his, as you so euphemistically put it, Mintballs.

Ian C.

John Manning
Alan Rayner

Wait 'til you get traffic lights - they change colour by themselves! It's like sucking Uncle Joe's Mintballs with yer eyes shut, only without the munchies and the hangover!

I now have an image in my head that shouldn't be there.
Actually it is an image that should never be anywhere.

Uncle Joe's....keep you all aglow

JJ