​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bob & Rose's Outdoor Show

I was topping up supplies of bits 'n bobs for the Challenge (reflective cord & cleats to avoid shelter demolition at Montrose, hand gel, StickPic, Nikwax wash & proofer and a NeoAir repair kit) at Bob & Rose's Wonderful Emporium when I spotted what could be a really useful day out.

Backpackinglight.co.uk are holding an Outdoor Show at their place in Hanley Swan (near Malvern) on Saturday 26th April, just before the Challenge. From the website:

There will be over 20 different lightweight shelters, tarps and tents on display, more than 30 rucksacks of every description, numerous titanium products, various stoves which use gas, meths and solid fuel, assorted cook wear and many new products you may only have seen on the internet.

It is free entry with plenty of free parking and based at our unit in the lea of the Malvern Hills so ideal for a day out looking at gear and walking the hills.There will of course be plenty of bargains, bundles and deals too!

You can find out more by clicking HERE

Re: Bob & Rose's Outdoor Show

Thanks Alan for mentioning this.

They will be two chances to see some of our goodies in the flesh before the 'big off' as we are also supporting the backpackers club AGM in Bewdley on April the 5th, as well as our set up on 26th April.

If you check our page you'll see the brands who are attending and providing support, so if nothing else it'll worth a visit to see what is coming through and product development in quilts, shelters, packs and cooking gear to give you various topics of conversation with other Challengers as you head over the Corrieyairack Pass or up the General Wades road.

Our application arrived a day late so we won't be on the TGOC this year, but we know many people who are and Rose and I wish you well.

But if you have glorious weather this year, I'll be really miffed after last years wet trudge :)

Re: Bob & Rose's Outdoor Show

BUMP!

I thought that as the Challenge is now approaching it was worthwhile reminding people that this could be a useful event.