​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: supply piont

Sam,
II went through Gairlochy on the first Sunday of the 2012 TGOC and I don't remember seeing any shops.There was nothing at the campsite either.Although we did make good use of the tumble dryer.
Plenty in Spean Bridge.

All the best,

Barry

thanks barry looks like ill be carrying 2 days extra supplys to get to newtownmore

sam

Hi Sam, there's nowt at Gairlochy and even less at the camp site. Good Spar in Spean Bridge and there was the most northerly Little Chef, sadly now gone. Andy

There used to be one (Little Chef) at Tomatin, even further north, but that also has sadly gone.

Arriving in Spean Bridge some years ago expecting to find a petrol station I was sorely disappointed. As I also needed to resupply I caught the bus into FW, bought the petrol I needed, re-supplied at Morrisons and had a good lunch. Then got the bus back to spean Bridge and still had time to walk up to the Lairig Leacach bothy that evening. The cost of the bus fare was more than covered by the savings I made by shopping at the supermarket!

cheers andy hows about a litte trip up the lakes in april 4 a bit of training roust leyland out maybe ?

sam

Hi Sam - I've got your email address now from this message board, so yep, we'll sort something out for April.

Did you get the link for the photos off el-Tel for last year's jaunt?

Andy

I've emailed the campsite and they confirmed that there is no shop at the site. However, they are happy to take in a food parcel and they say that this happens quite a lot!