​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This is beyond a yoke!

If you see somebody with something strange on their shoulders, between their body and their rucksack, it might be me. If they are crying or shouting like a mad man, it's because this prototype has failed in it's bid of making wearing a rucksack less onerous. If they are jumping with joy as though the pack weighs nothing, then this version will have worked better than the first one of twenty years ago (acted like shock absorption for the body but bounced all over the place as it needed straps under the arms as well as at waist, on top of which it was sweaty because it was closed cell foam as in insulation roll put under sleeping bags and was a vest that covered front and back down to waist). Sadly couldn't get any manufacturers interested then or more recently through crowd funding but have just learned that some are now specializing in outdoor equipment, so hopefully may have a better chance this way, especially with publicity I might engender taking it on the walk (Not that hopeful but I may pass the idea onto charitable sites like the Sherpas that may have a use for it). In any case wish me luck as I wave you goodbye, if it works and pass on your commiserations if it doesn't.

Re: This is beyond a yoke!

Good luck! We may be a bunch of sceptics, but if it works we'll all be wanting to know.....