​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Two Person Tent

The Scarp 2 is a great choice if you want to make it free standing in future all you need to do is buy an extra set of poles. I bought a Scarp 1 whilst in the US a few months ago for a very reasonable £210 being a sort of grey/silver colour in the unlikely event of hot sun it is a bit cooler that a dark green tent and if being discreet is required might be mistaken for a boulder!

Re: Two Person Tent

As I grew up just across Vancouver Island on the Olympic Peninsula, I can attest the weather will usually be the best in July & August. However, you can expect mosquitoes that time of year and, most probably, some rain and wind. Its green there for a reason! So a decent amount of mesh for ventilation and insect protection is a must. Its a rugged trail and terrain, a ground sheet to protect the tent floor will be necessary. Indeed, the only time I don't use a ground sheet is in Scotland (no big pine cones there). I love my Seedhouse SL2 Big Agnes Tent, although it is a 2 person tent that I use as a solo. Their vestibule sizes seem on the skimpy size but I still manage to store boots/gaiters & to cook in it in inclement weather. I will be coming over from the US for the challenge, you might even be able to talk me into bringing one over for you to save some ££ - contact me offline. They do have a Fly Creek UL3 available for 40% off that has been used as a demo, see the Specials area of their website.