​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Half price Terroc 330s

Had an email from SportsShoes.com - they have Inov8 Terroc 330s for £42.49. All sizes appear to be in stock.

Cheers,

Re: Half price Terroc 330s

Hmmm. Looking at the SportsShoes page it seems to me that these are the new Terroc 330. This variant no longer has the open mesh upper which gave rapid draining and drying.

You can read a review and analysis of this new model by Challenger Philip Werner. Click here to read Philip's review

The relevant SportsShoes page is here

****, that's a shame. hadn't realised they'd had a makeover. Although they look slightly higher at the back, which would be a bonus for me anyway.

At £43 they are probably worth a punt. Actually that is about the right price for Terrocs based on their build quality.

I have a pair of the new style Terroc 330's.

I wore them for a 10 day backpack from the Mull of Galloway to the Erskine Bridge last Autumn.

I reckon they are as good as, if not even better, than the original model!

The uppers are certainly harder wearing.

Like David I've found no problem with the new style 330's. After several backpacking trips in the original and successful Terrocs I was surprised to find they'd changed them but, fair play, the new style has been just as capable for both hillwalking and some very wet trail races. They shed water better than the originals and have drained and dried out as well. Admittedly I haven't worn them for wading, that's what my HiTecs are for. The uppers have been more durable too so I've bought a second pair. Having small feet means I find bargains !

On the other hand I've been less successful with the Goretex-lined version, 318GTX, which are just too hot in anything but snow.

Ok after yet another day of wet feet on the hills today with boots I like the idea of using Inov8 on the challenge, what's the pros & cons of using them as opposed to say Scapa's etc.

Difficult to weigh up Pros and Cons . But I have used shoes since 2010 and I will never go back to Boots in May unless we have a lot of snow .
But really it is a personal thing.
For me in May, shoes are lighter, more versatile, dry quicker , but get wet quicker, don't give me blisters & are just far more comfortable.

But.... and here is the thing.
That is MY FEET.

Whats the opinion of the 280'S? My mate wore them last year and loved them but I'm curious why they do not feature in ket lists and recommendations.