​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hi Tec Zuuk

Got myself a pair of the nice black ones (with the yellow go faster bits on them). Really like them - so light (each shoe is 15g heavier than the equivalent size 11 generic croc) - but they are far warmer and far more secure on the feet (for the odd spot of river yomping).

They also take up a lot less space in the old rucksack.

Bernie.

Just for something different for those who find the cost of Zuuk's a bit steep.

Sports Direct are offering Slazenger Basic Mens Canvas Shoes for £3 !

Not a worldbeater of a shoe but at that price would make a great camp shoe or suitable for the fashion parade at the Fife Arms or Alexandra Hotel

FAO Alan. They are also available in black!

They look great, Ray.
And in dashing black!
But that drove me on, to find these babies!

Kangol mesh slip-ons Just £12.00 plus delivery

Or, if you prefer a lace-up shoe, Kangol do this version

Kangol Mesh Derby shoes Again, £12.00 plus delivery.

Just to temper back the adulation for the zuuks (zuuki?) ,I ordered a pair in my usual size11 but find them to be too big in length and somewhat narrow. I've since tried a 10 and that is a better fit but I know that the width will bother my feet once they are tired. I can also virtually guarantee that the sharp edged sole will catch on something and start to tear away from the upper.
I'll stick to sandals.

I've had some of the lighter Saucony Hattoris mentioned above for a couple of years, have used them loads as camp shoes and for river crossings - they are also fine for road walking with a backpack - and they still show no signs of wear (unlike Crocs and some Hi-tec products). Despite the price, I thoroughly recommend them, but you do need to try them on before buying.