​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kinloch Rannoch to Tummel Bridge

Hi,

In my experience it is generally possible to climb over deer fences.

Pick the most solid post.
A good place is if the fence comes to a corner.

Chuck your pack over or balance it on top of the post.

Clamber over fence, this is usually made up of large square mesh.

There may be a gate but this is normally the same height as the fence and generally does not open, but it can be easier to get over.

I have found it not easy but quite do-able, I have not been stuck yet but it could happen.

You may well have discounted climbing over the fence. If so sorry if I have spoken out of turn.

No doubt someone else will come along with better information with regard to your route.

All the best.

FROM KINLOCH RANNOCH FOLLOW THE MINOR ROAD TO CROSSMOUNT , WATCH FOR THE SMALL TURN ( EASY TO MISS ) FOLLOW TO TRACK TO THE BRIDGE AT 708 585 WHICH IS DOWN FOLLOW THE PATH UP TO MC GREGORS CAVE , THEN KEEP GOING ALONG THE SMALL PATH TO ABOUT 717 584 THEN TAKE A BEARING TO THE WEIR ITS ABOUT 58 DEGREES . MY MAPS ARE 1987 . ITS QUITE ROUGH GOING,BUT WHEN USE REACH THE WEIR THERES A GATE IN THE DEER FENCE WHICH IS ONLY ON THE LATCH .THE CROSSING IS ABOUT 200YRDS EAST OF THE WEIR AND THEN ITS ALL SIMPLE WALKING TO TUMMLE BRIDGE

Hi Robert, I am going this way myself. Routing as follows,minor road to south side Dunalasatair reservoir - E5km to Crossmount - track N then E via McGregors Cave - X country to weir - E on aqueduct road to pick up B8079 past Electricity sub station. As my vetter said it is not particularly straight forward and could be slow going, however I have done it before and found it a very interesting route. Hope this helps.

If you're worried about getting across the aqueduct beyond the weir be not afeard. There is a bridge.

Many thanks indeed to those who have replied - all very useful!