​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rick Smith

I'm very saddened to share the news that Rick Smith died on 1st December.

Those who knew him – he completed 4 crossings from 2003 to 2006 – will recall what a genuinely lovely, enthusiastic chap he was.

Rick had been suffering from cancer for two years. For the last few months he became very frail but was uncomplaining, and was cared for at home by his wife, Lindsey. He died very peacefully at home.

There will be a funeral service at Austwick Church at 1:00pm on Monday 9th December.

Everyone sends their love and condolences to Lindsey and her family. I'm sure Rick is looking down at us all now, opening one of his fine old bottles of red, to toast a life well-lived.

Re: Rick Smith

We always found Rick to be a real gentleman. He met you with a smile, and he and Lindsey were wonderful hosts when we visited. We will miss him greatly. Our condolences to Lindsey and Rick's daughters.

Rick was one of the first people I met on the Challenge, in the bar/dining room of the Tomdoun Hotel - he made me feel very welcome.

My love and condolences to Lindsey and her family.

I only met Rick at their house in Austwick on the Ingleborough trip.
They were both really lovely. Very Sad.
I shall raise a glass!

Thanks Alan , We know not all that enjoy our route . I first crossed in 2006 and am glad that Rick enjoyed a calm crossing with sunshine in the main .You will see my response to JJ's ,we all hope to enjoy every moment we can i'm sure . I hope a calm crossing for 2014 . Bill H.