​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Enrick Bothy

Can anyone please confirm if the Enrick Bothy is still open and its exact location.

I have been given two different grid references and a hint that it may have closed.

I was also advised that the route from Tomich via Loch na Beinne Moire can be very boggy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Enrick Bothy

Ray,

Came this way on TGOC2013 and the route was indeed a bit boggy in places in the forested section but perfectly doable. The bothy location is roughly NH358268 and has been improved in recent times- used to be a bit of a tip in the old days but this year was clean and tidy.

Colin

I came over on the path from Loch na Beinne Moire to NH357267 at Easter 2012 when the surface of the ground was frozen, and found the going very difficult on the forest section, (especially on the climb on the first kilometer or so in the forest). The surface was frozen over deep boggy ground, which I kept breaking through into. It was incredibly hard walking, so much so that in May I could not face that boggy section and I re-routed myself up through Cannich.

Thanks very much for the info

Ray

Do you realise that your view from the bothy will be blighted by the five giant wind turbines of Corriemoney wind farm, barely a mile to the south of the bothy?

Pictures can be found HERE

A good take on it by clicking HERE