​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Video review of 2013 crossing and reminder of TGOC podcast resource

Hi Bob,
Thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts and also as a walking blister felt your pain.
I hope my next crossing will be a comfortable one.

Just finished the second part.

Can't say any more than this should be compulsory viewing for folk who are thinking about doing the TGOC for the first time.

It conveys the reality of the TGO - the ups and downs - and sheer determination that gets folk across when things don't go quite to plan.

Brilliant!

Great stuff, Bob. I immediately got drawn in and watched the two episodes in one long Challenge nostalgia-fest.
It was good to meet you, Lee and Tony, I hope our paths will cross again.

Hi Bob,

It was your 2011 podcast of you and Rose on the challenge that got me started and hooked. Perhaps it's good I never saw your 2013 sufferings first or I might never have signed up!
The photos (one of which I took - fame at last)after Tarfside brought back memories of trying to keep up with you and your companions on the way to Northwater Bridge trying to avoid too much tarmac, short legged, we had to trot!
Here's to a mild, dry 2014.
Liz (walking with Susan in 2013)

Gosh, I've had so many nice comments and feedback for these videos here and on the blog and YouTube that I am really taken aback.

I was, as I say, a little bit embarrassed about my lack of preparation for the trip, but I also thought it might be good to show what simple things can go wrong and cause a major inconvenience and mental depression.

Which is why Lee and Tony are good for the soul. They constantly took the p**s and just yomped on, either leaving me behind or kicking my behind, which was what I needed. Some days I would start with gusto and then flag terribly by the afternoon, others the opposite.

It is always easy to remember the best sunny days, and balmy nights and show glorious blue sky pictures, but I think what people truly want is misery, depression and soaking wet Challengers.

Such are the demands of entertainment eh :D

It is never an easy walk in the park and Lee's words for the duration always hang in my ears 'Bob, they don't call a Challenge for nothing. Last one in, buys the Guinness!'

Thanks for posting those Bob: loved the first, lining the second up… reminds me of the advantages of sitting in a hotel room in Montrose for two weeks instead of being out there paddling with the TGO Challenge Formation Swim Team… then again, there's always goose fat…

Mighty!

This sort of thing takes a lot of time to put together, so many thanks Bob for a magnificent production.

It was great to see a few familiar places - and faces (I had a couple of sessions with Tony & Lee in Torridon, so I guess that your Guinness tab must have been epic).

I do so hope that these videos prove effective in putting a few people off to aid my gradual ascent of the standby list assisting and encouraging our fellow challengers.

Toodle pip

Lord Elpus