​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dalwhinnie Bunkhouse

Sounds good and it is good. Ron and Marilyn really look forward to the Challenge and the lively atmosphere it brings.
As well as the bunkhouse there's good camping in a friend's garden nearby or on the village green (yes, really, it's like Scarp City at times). Even if you're not stopping in the bunkhouse they'll let you have showers and run a tab for settling at the end of your visit. They'll take parcels too.
They've now got an alcohol licence too - not that Challengers would be interested !
I've made it a regular stopping-off point or rendezvous on my way through even outside of Challenge times.

I have used the cafe there, in 2012, and they were fantastic, really geared up to help Challengers. A number of us were passing through, having a rest and a warm, (there were snow squalls chasing me all day!) and I think Phil from Wigan was going to stop overnight. If I was going that way I would certainly drop in or stay there.

A great night was enjoyed by about 2 dozen challengers last year on the Wednesday. Hospitality was exceptional, with a bunk, dinner in the bar, a few beers, a couple of Dalwhinnies , and a shower ; all for the princely sum of £35. They are a lovely couple, and nothing is too much trouble.