​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cafe Akto

Thank's Mike, will there be pie's too?

It's very kind of you to provide life-restoring goodie's to passing Challenger's. I would of thought that the chance of getting bacon roll's, coffee's and tea's will ensure significant passing Challenge trade.

JJ

Such dedication!

One or two here might recall the tremendous effort Ms Minogue* put in during the (I think) 2001 Challenge, bringing me a Big Mac deep into (I think) the Cairngorms, very late at night. My walking partner wasn't too happy to find the debris in my tent porch the following morning, though we remain (I think) friends.

Mike, we'll raise a coffee cup to Cafe Akto while tucking into smokies at the Park Hotel those mornings.

* Come to think of it, it might have been Geri Halliwell**

** Or Joni Mitchell

Sounds all very commendable but we can't have developments like this popping up all over the highlands willy nilly.

Unless the planning permission is fast tracked it won't be passed in the proposed timescale.

Then there's Health and safety (fire escapes for example), catering licence, liquor licence, and ethnic considerations to be considered. Perhaps a vegetarian bacon roll for example.

Sounds like once one establishment starts it becomes a chain, "Cafe Akto's" all over the place.

Next there will be windmills being built in the middle of nowhere.

This cafe sounds as it will rely entirely on passing trade and is unlikely to last more than one night. A case of "here today, gone tomorrow".

A pop-up cafe of course.

Ideal target for the Tea Shop Tours.....will there be cake?

Mr. Pieman,

I´m very sorry for the Austrian Coffee-House waitress´s irresponsible and selfish behaviour. Sometimes life feels like very rude. Even in the middle of nowhere.

For your and the family´s well-being I´d like to let you know that on TGOC 14 I´m in more trustable company and that Glen Mazeran is not on my route sheet.

The Austrian who climbed up a mountain but came down a hill

If Café Akto supplies cake aswell, we could top out at four 'Tea Rooms' in one day on Ls Belles Tea Shop Tour of Scotland. That's half of the current potential total. In one day.
Cake.
Makes the world go round.

There's a pretty reverse order to the film for you boyo . good luck once again .

Hmm, yes, cake - let there be cake...

John J
Thank's Mike, will there be pie's too?

Unlikely.
He ate them all before Moffat.
Just an eye witness observation

Apostrophes - will there be catering apostrophes? And plural paninis?

Sorry - panini's.

Yes, there will be extra apostrophe's, but no pie's. I'm not allowed pie's nowaday's.

Maybe I could just have the one. I mean, what harm could it do? I wouldn't want another just afterwards.

Thanks Bill. Hope you´re not too far down the standby list.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Markus