​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Family accommodation in Braemar

My family joined me at Braemar on my first Challenge (husband and our four children) and we all camped. But then, we enjoy family camping anyway. Some don't. But it's a reasonably cheap and convenient option.

Hi Louise - didn't you once stay in a log cabin at the Braemar Lodge hotel? I understand Alan still has the negatives for sale. I wondered if one of these cabins might make good family accommodation.

Emma

So we did! Forgot that as it was six of us Challengers rather than with my family, so easily forgotten!! Braemar Lodge Hotel I believe but they usually hire for a week. Maybe they would do a deal for a long weekend? I'll check the website details I don't currently have and get back...
www.braemarlodge.co.uk/log-cabins

When I spoke to them, they said they sometimes released them for a shorter hire, nearer the date, but normally they are a week. That is why we are in the Fife.

As much as the wife & kids enjoy camping the thought of sharing a tent with me after a week on the road was a non starter !.

Booked the Clunie Lodge.

Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
Hope to meet a few of you along the way.

Cheers

Ian

Re: Family accommodation in Braemar/Clunie Lodge

For info the Clunie Lodge has been sold and as I understand it will be private/family home.