​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Route Sheet Question

I have planed my route on the map easy, come to put it on the route sheet, the question arose is it ok to put peak to peak with grid and name of the peaks if named, if not what is required, first time for the challenge so want get it right. so be grateful for any pointers.

Re: Route Sheet Question

Hi Robert, and welcome to the Challenge!

I suppose the answer lies in the proximity of the hills and whether or not there is only one route between them.

If you Google "TGO Challenge Route sheets" a number will come tumbling from the ether and you will be able to see how most folk put their routes together.

Good luck with your planning

The question to ask yourself is whether anyone looking at your sheets can work out where you are going, how you are going up a mountain and what route you are taking down. Name the key features and sprinkle a few grid refs at critical points like track junctions. It's not just for the Co-ordinator and vetters; If you miss a phone-in, the information must be clear to the Challenge Control, and perhaps the Mountain Rescue Team sent to look for you. You don't always have to name every bump on a ridge; For something Like The Grey Corries, where are you reaching the ridge and from which point and in what direction you are leaving tells the story. Make sure overnight halt points are clear. If in doubt bung it in!

Many thanks for your comments.

As well as grid refs for junctions etc it's probably a good idea to put in direction of travel........