​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Basket Crossing Near Heatheryhaug

Need information as to grid location of basket crossing near Heatheryhaug as you enter the Fetteresso Forest. Is this typically available for public use or is it padlocked for private use?

Re: Basket Crossing Near Heatheryhaug

Answered! Will not count on basket as likely padlocked. Thanks to the two gentlemen that wrote me offline.

if it helps i can easly wander past and have a look/stash some bolt cutters, i pass by quite often and often park a couple of hundred yards away (just never walk down to the burn). The dry feet detour is only a few hundred meters to the south down the road, over the bridge and behind a wee cottage

I was going to be crossing there as well with a planned bivi just above Heatheryhaugh itself, but after a bit of jiggery pokery (and a wee bit less walking) im now coming down glen dye and straight across at the spittal and into the depths of the fetteressso/Drumtochty, probably never to be seen again .

Charlie
if it helps i can easly wander past and have a look/stash some bolt cutters…

Please let the "bolt cutters" comment be a joke - I trust all Challengers will respect private property, no matter how aggrieved they might be that someone's chosen to lock something belonging to them, in the same way you or I might lock our garden sheds.

Last time I used the bridge (2008) it was unlocked but all reports in the last couple of years have said otherwise.

Julie,

Don't know about the one near Heatheryhaugh but there is a wire and basket arrangement alongside a perfectly OK pedestrian bridge over the Water of Dye at NO663884 with thin-ish woodlands to the south which would probably give access to the Builg Mounth track/Heatheryhaugh if that is any help to you.

regards,

Colin