​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Werewolves of the Upper Dulnain - planning notes for Challengers

Firstly, a warm welcome from all our pack to 2014 Challengers. Ever since the remarkable First Contact during Challenge '83 we have welcomed you. And indeed we have all benefited from trans-species fraternity, finding much in common in our love for wild lands.

Full Moon in May 2014 falls on Wednesday May 14 - when certain Challengers may be engaged on a traverse between the new resevoir at the head of Glendoe and points such as Kingussie / Kincraig.

I would urge you, my friends, to avoid our particular territory during the hours of darkness over the period of May 13 > 15. Our lair is at NH 748 121 - and in essence our territory extends to the ridge on either side of the Upper Dulnain to north and south, terminating on the lateral at the bothy to the west at NH 718 093 and the structure to the E at NH 761 121.

We wish you all good fortune - and would ask you to respect our traditional culture over this period.

Your esteemed Vetters are fully aware of these (minor) constraints and will, as ever, give sound advice regarding alternate routes.

With warm regards,

Maurice Woolf

Re: Werewolves of the Upper Dulnain - planning notes for Challengers

Maurice.

Are we to continue to tolerate these outsiders to our beastings, prowlings & howlings?

I still can't rid myself of the disgusting taste of the porridge Gore Tex, methylated spirits and man-sweat from that first Challenger in '83.

The new Whirligigs we're building at Stronelairg & Allt Duine will surely see these tinkers off!

Yours, militantly,

Steppen Woolf

No whirligigs yet at Allt Duine- maybe the thought of wolves is scaring them off....
Do the wolves ever descend to the flshpots of Kincraig for its renowned nightlife?

Hello Beautiful

Will there be room for a couple of smelly hikers?

You have mail.

Now there's an offer you can refuse