​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Power to the Pococks - how to watch using BBC iPlayer catch-up

It was on BBC2 Scotland. You can watch it for the next 30 days using the BBC iPlayer Desktop (in other words, it's not possible to watch using a smartphone or tablet).

After you've launched the Desktop iPlayer, click on "Get more programmes" A browser window will open. Mid-right there's a panel "A-Z of TV Programmes". The left-hand column of this panel is titled "Categories". Choose the very last option "Regional" and expand it by clicking on it. You'll see Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

Click on Scotland. Now you'll see "Power to the Pococks" in the second column, under Newsnight Scotland.

Too much of a faff? Just click here for a direct link

Humph.

You're a darling. I couldn't find it last night either.

It's not like Scotland's a foreign country, is it?

Oh. Hang on.

Humph,

What he said

Humphrey Weightman
It was on BBC2 Scotland. You can watch it for the next 30 days using the BBC iPlayer Desktop (in other words, it's not possible to watch using a smartphone or tablet).

It can be watched on a smartphone or tablet. In fact it is downloading onto my ipad as I type. Just use the iplayer app, look in categories, factual, all factual and keep scrolling down and hitting load more programs till you find it.

Ian C.

You're right, Ian! I've just been able to get to this on my (Android) tablet by using the "Search" button (second from right at the top of the screen).

I guess what I meant was that the choice of channels on the BBC's tablet/smartphone app per se doesn't appear to show BBC 2 Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales . . .

Accessing iPlayer through a web-browser Click here will work for any platform.

The weather here in The Borders is putting the Eek into Dreich.