​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pictures

Afternoon all

no idea what I'm doing

Thanks, Alan, another technical mystery solved....!

Russ Manion
no idea what I'm doing

That is one SCARY photo Russ.

True Andrew, its time for my annual hair cut !! The annual worry that I might have used up all the hair I have left to grow is upon me and I will have to wear a woolly hat evermore.

Okay, Andrew, I admit to complications. (Hangs head in shame.)My picture wasn't directly from Picasa, I had to lift it from there, and then email it back to myself before my boss (the computer) offered me the menu with the option to copy the URL. Picasa didn't give me that option! I've been working with Picasa for years now, but it still sometimes defeats me. Anyway, it worked!

Oh no it didn't!

Perhaps this is more in character! But I still can't find a way to do it directly from Picasa.

I think when I picked the photograph in picasa, I right-clicked on it and selected properties. From there, I was able to copy and paste the URL address into the Avatar box. Then remove the 's' from the https...
Hope this helps.

Aaaargh - still can't find the flippin' URL, Louise, even in 'Properties'. I'd tried looking there before. Can't understand it. Gonna slurp some more of that Ardbeg...

It look likes this : https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JX0Zex6M......

I have never seen so many beautiful/handsome* Challengers on one thread in my life!

But still nothing from the man who started this thread.
How's it going with the picture, Stuart?

* Delete as appropriate

Not sure if this will work ...

No. Didn't think it would.

I managed to get my picture on previously but it has disappeared and replaced by an insipid no entry sign.

I'll have another go using Alan's method.

I am using a different laptop, yet another cast off from the kids, don't know if this makes any difference.

Well done! I read through the old thread, removed the "s" and still couldn't get it to work. Maybe it doesn't link with facebook .... I don't have any other online photos.

Trying again ...