​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FWA monad*******h

Ok I will await any revisions before planning a route.

Thanks for both the replies.

However in the meantime;
If I can rephrase my query: If this was using last years (2013) criteria, would a FWA have been required? (The Burma road highest point is 696m)

A "Yes" or "no" answer would be good although even a "don't know" would be encouraging.

ps Re: werewolves. ASDA don't appear to stock wolfbane.

The Burma Road has been levelled out and re-graded and now comes on like a 6-lane motorway. So I'd imagine that the Venerable Vetters would have no problem with this.

Maurice Woolf usually puts in an appearance on the Message Board in early spring to gives a heads-up on the Upper Dulnain regarding Challenger routes and moon phases.

Oh dear, A simple question-the hardest kind. Yes, it is quite feasible to plan a route across the Big Grey M without the need for a FWA. That's what most Challengers do. Does this simple answer answer?

John,
You have answered my question totally.
Many thanks.

I was only trying to tentatively put a route together in case I get a place in next years challenge. A sensible thing to do, or so I thought.

This is what I assumed other people are doing thereby giving the vetters a chance to do their job in a more leisurely fashion.

I accept that there may be changes to route submission criteria.

Well Sandy, it's always a good idea to be helpful and considerate to Vetters. They're a grumpy lot, mind.

So from now on instead of being known by their real names do the vetters become Grumpy #1, Grumpy #2 etc?

Grumpy?, moi??

AoA