​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GOOD LUCK MR SLOMAN

Ah, but we gave the old kidneys a d amned fine send off didn't we? A valedictory tour of the the finest watering holes in the highlands. Knowing David I reckon the new one will be fully trained for the challenges that lie ahead.

All the best to you both from Phil & Miss W.

Alan & Bro,

The very best to both of you for speedy recoveries.

Colin

Bruno wants me to put a bid in for the old kidneys. He says good luck. So do I.

Best wishes for the 6th and for a speedy recovery afterwards.

Wow - what a lot of well wishers! You need more than good luck - a good surgeon, pretty nurses with warm hands and lots of skilled folk looking after both of you. We shall be holding both of you in our thoughts and prayers for the next few weeks - aren't supportive families a blessing. Love from both John and I

I was just getting over the shock of finding out there was a second Sloman, when you revealed the existence of a whole mob of them. I suggest you post the old kidney to Callater Lodge as a maintenance spare. Hope all goes well. Adh mor ort!

All best wishes for a speedy recovery

Just seen the board. Hope everything goes well and best wishes to yoyu both.
Namaste.

Hi Alan,

Good luck to you and your brother indeed.

Rolf

Good luck Mr Sloman. If you can do the TGOC with knackered kidneys, think what we'll have to put up with when you're well!

Good luck with the op Alan, I hope you and your brother make a speedy recovery.

My thoughts are with you and your brother - hope all goes well and look forward to seeing you at the Bree Louise next year with both of us in better shape than this year(mine self inflicted).

God Bless

Jane Egg

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Alan. Your blogs helped convince me to do the challenge a few years ago and I look forward to completing another (hopefully 2014 ballot permitting) and finding a C&W party along the way

Phil

Hi Alan

Having bumped into the Temperance Trio several times on the 2013 wander I was never quite sure whether it was us or you who were lost.

Now having read both yours and AW's blog I now understand we all were "temporarily unsure of our location"

Anyway good luck with the slice & dice, not that you need luck just a guy who knows what he is doing !

Look forward to seeing you on the 2014 perambulation (with no doubt unlimited C&W events)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

As they say north of the border:

Ye and yer brother are Big men, be strong.

Wishing you large amounts of challenge luck. I am sure every challenger wishes you well

So get well soon.

Gaz

Alan, we spoke briefly at the Thursday post-TGOC dinner. I mentioned that I had donated a kidney in January and was fit enough to complete this TGOC (233 miles from Ardnamurchan Point to Peterhead) four months later. My 28 year old nephew (who got the kidney) has just played his first game of squash last week. So please reassure your brother that if, (like I found) that immediately after the operation he needs a wheel chair to go just 400m within the hospital to visit you, it won't be long until all he has is an interesting scar (or 4 counting the key holes) to remind him that he doesn't actually need two kidneys!
Like many others I have been following and inspired by your blog and it led me to use TGOC 2013 as the bench mark to aim for to get fit after the transplant. I wish you (and your brother) a speedy recovery though I know there will be ups and downs as they balance your anti rejection drugs, but if anyone can do it then I know it will be you, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that your brother is a first time Challenger next year accompanying you!
Good luck old boy.
Simon

Re: GOOD LUCK MR SLOMAN: Update

Many thanks for everyone's good wishes.

It's the morning after the op now & I'm feeling surprisingly better than I thought I would be.

I saw my brother Dave yesterday too, and he seems to be okay too.

Cheers
Alan
x

Fantastic news!! Keep up the good work boys x

Just to echo the speedy recovery messages. Hope all continues to go well.

Re: GOOD LUCK MR SLOMAN: Update: HOME

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes.
I'm now home and on the mend. My brother Dave is doing fine too.
Let's get on with planning for 2014 now.

hi Alan

on the topic of 2014 planning- can I put in an early bid to have the C&W in our back garden?

Val Machin: "on the topic of 2014 planning- can I put in an early bid to have the C&W in our back garden?"

Now ... why didn't I think of that Fortunately someone else will be planning next year's!

Hi Al

Glad you are thinking about 2014. Since parts of you have not done the challenge before you and your WP should gain automatic entry!

Cheers, William

Well.

If I get a place Val, I will make sure my route goes Via Kincraig.

I have.
It's done.

Really reassuring and good news to hear Alan. Hope your recovery continues well. We're both thinking of you.
Vicky

Good to hear things seem to have gone well and hope you're both soon back up and about.

Trust you won't be nipping down to the Duck & Parrot to celebrate - just trust that bit to the rest of us, you stay tucked in and recover at your own pace! Cheers!

hope your doing well mate, mised you this year but roll on next year,,
now dont bugger this one up or i'll give you one of mine!!!!

That's wonderful to hear, Alan. Wishing for a speedy and smooth recovery, both for you and Dave. Hopefully you'll have newly re-discovered strength and energy - and will even be back out in the hills soon. And, of course, follow doctor's orders!

Al,
It was a relief to hear that both the Slomans are in good nick. I cannot but admire how upbeat you remained in the lead up to the procedure. A true leg end. I'll drink a quiet toast tonight to your speedy recovery.

Aye

Jim

You can open that envelope now!

Best wishes to you both,

JJ