​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lovely people

Just a quick post to say a big "thank you" to all the great people that I met on this, my tenth Challenge. Alan Sloman (who got me into this in the first place) & Mad 'n Bad - fine walking companions both, plus Alastair for the cheese & wine rescue, Val & David Machin (above & beyond on the comestibles front), Colin Bennett for the unexpected contribution in absentia ...

Jeez there are so many!! If I tried to name you all the list would go on and on ... and on...

Everyone I bumped into was great and helped to make this my best challenge yet - so if we met - thanks for your company, I really enjoyed seeing you If we didn't meet this time, well, there are plenty more to come.

And a special "thank you" to JM, the vetters and all the team who manned control and kept us all on track, Bill & all at Lochcallater, plus of course "team Tarfside" for the life saving bacon butties 'n beers.

I'll take a year off next time, so best of luck to the class of 2014. And guess what - it's less than a year to go.

Re: Lovely people

It was a pleasure mate.
And all your fault too.
Need to do a local walk sometime.
Somewhere nice and FLAT

Andy is right, It was all Phil's fault! All this bonhomie belies the truth of it all: Phil was the swine who designed a route that went north for five days. What sort of a mate does that, eh? Eh?

It's as well he's having a year off - his boots will take that long to dry out from all those bogs he dragged our miserable carcases through.

It was as well that Alistair showed up at Luib Chonnal, as our Glorious Team Leader had drunk all the wine the night before in Meanach bothy as Andy & I were drying out our shoes....

Mates, eh?

Shame you're not going to be around for next year, your presence will be missed - and the weather's going to be SO much better!

JJ

Hi JJ , I like your forcast , however unbelievable . I hope to be there and enjoy everyones company in 2014 . As you have on your crossing . best wishes , keep singing . bill h.