​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Challenger airlifted

Hi Mary and John, wonderful to hear from you. Control life very gentle at the moment; all the incidents so far have been taken out of our hands buy the big yellow taxis. Not the quietest start we could have wished for but all safe, which is what counts. Weather continues to be wet an windy. Snow forecast for tomorrow! Hope you're both being entertained by the comings and goings. I'm sure you'd both rather be out there hiking as would Roger and I (but at least we're all dry…!).
j

Sincere apologies to anyone offended by my use, in the above post from yesterday, of the slang phrase "big yellow taxi".

In no way was this meant to demean the fantastic services provided by the crews of the helicopters which at times have come to the aid of Challengers and thousands of other hillgoers. The phrase is a common term of affection for the familiar aircraft which are all-too-often often a very welcome sight when things occasionally go wrong in the hills, and that – a term of affection – is the sense in which it was intended.

Weather sounds pretty dire!! What a shame that anyone should take your reply to me in the wrong way ............ No accounting for how folk react to fun!!! All of us are surely full of admiration and grateful for the great work of the rescue services. Hope no more call outs .... Love to you all and I am also sure everyone is grateful for the support and care coming from "Control"

Today's Herald reports that the Coastguard helicopter had three separate flights to Loch Hourn within 12 hours to airlift casualties to Skye.