​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scottish hill guide?

Hi Jean,
Glad you seen the post! I remember you did mention the guide book so I thought I should get hold of a copy or two. I'm not on the challenge this year and it maybe another few years yet before I apply again. I'm off to Greenland in August for the Arctic Circle Trail for a couple of weeks and next year I hope to have a week on one or two of the Scottish isles. I've not enough annual leave and too many options! Hope you have a wonderful crossing this year and hope to see you sometime on the TGO again. Safe journey, Tim

Re: Scottish hill guide?

Thank you, Tim, and I'm sorry you won't be there.....perhaps he'll have time to finish writing the series before you join us again!

In the meantime, I'm green with envy. You don't need an Expedition Medic for Greenland, I suppose?????? Ah well, it was worth a try.

If you're coming to the Scottish Isles, do let me know. My husband comes from the Outer Hebrides, and his retirement project has been restoring an old thatched cottage which was in his family for generations and which is now very comfortable inside (well in summer anyway - we haven't tried in winter yet!) I've put my e-address in the slot at the top - not sure if that still works or not but I hope so.

I'm off to Mallaig tomorrow - can't wait.