​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where are Challengers coming from? Take a look . . .

Carnation eh! That takes me back a bit. We took a tube on the Challenge in 1983, great stuff in instant coffee and no need to take additional sugar. However a second tube is a bit of an extravagance as I recon Quincy is still using the original tube! It's also great stuff in sandwiches, especially if accompanied by a cup of Hump3's real coffee.

Thinking of condensed milk, does anyone have a recipe for that calorific scottish delicacy, Tablet?

Your wish is my command!

http://britishfood.about.com/od/scottishregionalrecipes/r/tablet.htm

I wish I'd known, Phil.......I make a load of that every Christmas for gifts (my version, I'm told, is very good, tho' I'm so fed up of cooking it I don't eat it). I would have included you in my parcels of it to post, by way of thanks for the services of Doodlecat! Let me know if you'd like a sample for the Challenge.

Ta for the link, Mr G - and Jean for your kind offer. A sample would be nice if you have any, but I'll happily wait 'til Christmas! It was Sue Graeme (challenger passim) who first gave me some of this stuff and I found it kind of addictive!

Not one for diabetics I suspect

I'll have a go at the recipe. Should there be a culinary disaster I'll shout to Jean for help. Right - off to the Co-Op now for some condensed milk.