​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Early signing out

Liz Robertson
Hi,
Does anyone know (Mr Manning perhaps) if we can sign out early in Oban to catch the early Ferry? By the way, there is still a lot of snow around, an attempt at the Minigaig had to be abandoned due to snow and a bit of a blizzard! Nice spring weather. Liz

The ferries to Lismore are at 6.50am, 9.00am and then 2.00pm. If we can't sign out at the hostel till 9.00am then we are in big trouble. I'll be getting my dinner in Duror at one in the morning.

Alan

Hi Liz

If you look at your "Route Planning Notes" in your "Event Details" you will find:

"The earliest you can sign out is 9am on Friday, May 10 (though some allowance can be made for those who need to catch a ferry from, for example, Oban to Lismore)..."

Hi Alan, yes I saw that but as there was no mention in the recently issued final stuff I got a bit worried. I like a wee worry!
Liz

I didn't sign out in 2011 as I needed to catch the ferry to Lismore.

A quick phone call to Challenge Control (or, was it the mobile number?) took care of this for me and the others on the ferry.

A great start - going West!

Hi all,

If you need to grab that ferry then fine - the Oban start register might be available early that morning anyway as it's at the Youth Hostel and they're very friendly and helpful there!

If you don't manage to sign-out before running for the ferry, please be sure to let us know during your first phone-in, is all.

Wrap up warm and have fun!

Thanks to all who responded, especially the definitive answer from The Boss! I hope my navigator can cope with the westerly start. Liz