​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Posting food parcel to UK Post Office

Hey ho!

I have very little pad in my schedule after arrival in the UK to get my food parcels organized & posted. For the life of me, I can't remember what the package address should look like when posting to an UK post office for en route pick up.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Re: Posting food parcel to UK Post Office

Hi Julie

Have a look at http://www.postoffice.co.uk/poste-restante which tells you all about poste restante. It is worth checking the individual post office openning hours in advance as some in the Highlands are quite restrictive. If you are coming anywhere near Newtonmore we will happily hold a parcel for you (and give you a cuppa and a piece of cake)at the hostel as will a lot of other Challenge friendly establishments. Drop us an email if you need more information.

Re: Posting food parcel to UK Post Office

Yes, Poste-Restante, I knew it was something unfamiliar, now why didn't I take French in school? There was really only one PO that I was going to use in Kiltarity - but I will take you up on your offer and send a parcel to your bunkhouse. Newtonmore is the only town of any size that I will hit until the final days of the challenge - and I did hear you have a shiny new Co-op. Perhaps as a local you can warn them of the swarm coming their way. My first year, I ate 5 pieces of fresh fruit before I even left Aviemore!

Thanks for the assistance and happy trails.