​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Montrose dinner

Hi all, we ticked 'either' for our preference of night for the Montrose dinner on the admin form (rather than specifying Thursday or Friday) and were wondering when we'd be likely to hear which night we've been allocated? (I'm assuming that we'll be allocated a night?)....we're keen to get on with the final bits of planning!

Re: Montrose dinner

Contact the Boss (JM) as it's him that will make the decision.

Hi Vicky,

You won't be allocated a dinner if you've put down for either… the admin forms really just give us an idea of how many folk there might be each night for dinner.

There are too many variables to make it a definitive booking - for eg, as last year, there might be a large number of retirements during the walk, depleting numbers substantially. We also find that a good number of folk reach Montrose a day early or a day late and hope to alter their dinner booking accordingly.

Best thing is to mention it during one of your later phone-ins, when you have an idea of whether you're on-course.

Likely that the dinners will be ticketed again to ensure the catering is spot-on.

Thanks for replying John, that all makes sense. I wasn't sure how it all worked being a newbie and all. On with the planning......

I'm glad it makes sense to someone!!!!