​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Emails

It does seem a shame to remove the email links from the message board. I often receive helpful emails from people who, for whatever reason, would prefer to contact me directly rather than on the board.

I would suggest that the board itsef is not the cause of the spams. It is possibly more likely to be poor malware/anti-virus protection on the perpetrator/victim's computer - although that's just my opinion.

Hello. I am the nephew of the deposed finance minister of Burkina Faso. I also found the email links very useful.

I'm with the three of ye. Of course I get some random emails - but no more than a couple each month, because I've got robust security. And frankly these minor annoyances are so transparent that you just have to have a giggle and then throw them away (sorry, Abdul, but you've just got to work on this a little harder. You'll get there.)

I agree with Judith. On several occasions I've made direct contact with posters (simply to bore them to tears, yes? Ed) rather than subject the general public to lengthy material. I also believe in transparency within our community *#smirkface*.

When shiny pieces of paper come through my letterbox I throw them into the stove without a moment's thought. It's the same with garbage email. You don't have to read it, que no?

Restore the email functionality! Then we can torment you once more!

Onward with The Peoples Republic of Tarfside! Full automony for the Werewolves of The Upper Dulmain!

Hmm, its a pity to lose the email facility and I have never received spam generated from this site, as my computers are very well protected. If it's a problem for many, maybe there could be a separate and (password?)protected part of the forum area where email addresses could be lodged (by those wishing to be accessible - perhaps as a User Profile area) so that we could look up any individual we might prefer to contact privately.

I'm in Andy's camp on this one.

(I'd like to be in Judith's camp as well, but she will only tell me to go and find my own campsite )

I have often helped other Challengers out with specific queries and have been helped myself by email as well.

I have never have any spam emails from this place - I do get loads from Chris Townsend's blog, as he doesn't have any comment moderation.

I think it's a shame to lose the facility. In fact, it's the only public place on the web where I feel it's okay to leave my email address.

Okay, reinstated…

But if I get one more spam email offering "Fun and frolics in Faindourhan, May 17, discretion assured, bring crampons", it's off again!

Awe shucks, John,

I was looking forward to Faindourhan, but, you did get the date wrong!

I'll be there on May 18.

Thanks for reinstating the email addresses. I can only echo others here in having no problems to date.

You are OK, John - I've checked the note again.

It was Faindouran not Faindourhan.

It's my eyesight, again!

Thanks John.

I promise to stop sending you all those emails, and also to enrolling you in so many Sunday magazine free brochures.

Honest

I never got the Faindourhan email. I must reduce my anti-spam security.