​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Withdrawals – Standby List deadline approaches

Morning all,

March 31 is the cut-off date after which i won't be able to offer places to those patient souls on the Standby List .

So far this facility has worked well this year with around 24 people gaining places as folk have unfortunately had to withdraw from TGOC13.

If you're already aware that you will have to withdraw before the 2013 event kicks off, please let me know as soon as you're able so that your spot might be offered to someone else. There are 58 folks currently on the SB List (from a starting number of more than 90) who would be very grateful for the chance to submit a route!

Thanks to those who have already given notice – I know how frustrating it must be to have to withdraw.

If any folk still on the Standby List have now (understandably) made other plans for May, or are aware that they wouldn't be able to accept a place if offered, please also drop me a line.

PLEASE SEND ANY COMMUNICATIONS BY EMAIL (or post or phone); please don't withdraw via Facebook or the message board!

Thank you for your kind attention,

J

Re: Withdrawals – Standby List deadline approaches *BUMP!

Bump!

I have friends still lingering on the standby list, tantalisingly close to getting in...

If you have a place and it now looks likely that you won't be able to make it, it would be jolly nice of you if you could email BigBadJohn to let him know ASAP - ie before the end of this month - so that he can re-allocate your place to those on the dreaded list!

Thank you!

Thanks Alan,

Would also be helpful if those on the SB who've decided to wash their hair or some-such in May could let me know that they're not available – when offering places recently I've found that around 20 of those to whom places were offered have made other plans but hadn't informed…

While I love dedicating every waking minute to the Challenge, it'd be nice to be able to do it productively!

If sixteen of you could drop out by Sunday, I'd be much obliged.

If not, have a great time everyone. Hope the weather warms up. At least there shouldn't be any midges!

I wouldn't be so sure about a lack of midges...

By the skin of my teeth - I'm in! Thanks to all who had to retire - maybe you'll be luckier next time....Now I'm frantically tidying up a route!

Congrats, Laura. Only a few more and I'm on

Maybe if long term penalties were applied for late withdrawals without a ****ed fine reason.

Mind you defining acceptable and unacceptable reasons would be difficult.

Good luck Robin.

Now call me "picky" if you like...

But

When that naughty "Would Have Been Challenger's" head gets chopped off, it will drop against the staging before clipping the edge of the bowl underneath, tipping it over.

There will be quite a mess.

Then it will also act as a lesson to others

I am sure this started out as a serious thread.

Oh well!

A whole new meaning to a cut-off date

Another bump