​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suunto Core

Patrick Vincent
If they invented an altimeter watch which you could switch off between trips, the battery would last for decades and replacing the battery would be much less of an issue.

....and the storm alarm wouldn't keep waking me up at night because I'd forgotten to switch it off (nor would I have to find the manual at 3am to remind myself how to switch it off!!)

Check out the Suunto website Vincent, it shows how to 'sleep' your Core. Press all the 4 diagonal buttons together.

I have a working suunto core with new battery and now resting in 'sleep' mode! This makes me very happy (must get out more!) and even happier that I won't need to worry about it waking me up in the wee hours to tell me a storm's coming when I am in the comfort of my bed! Thanks everyone!

P.S. Are you lot as good as this on all life issues? - I might replace my search engine with the TGO message board!!

If you put it to sleep to turn off weather warnings, what is the point?

Andy, I've replaced the battery in mine before every trip. Zero problems, zero condensation. The trick is to replace the battery in a very dry environment. Send me your Suunto and I'll fix it for you. RH here on a mild day is 25%, and it only gets lower than that.

AussieMike
If you put it to sleep to turn off weather warnings, what is the point?

.....er, cos when I am tucked up in bed at home and not in the hills, I don't really care if there's a storm coming!

I too have repeatedly replaced my battery in my suunto without difficulty or ensuing condensation. I think the problems occur when folk do it themselves without realising the small rubber seal is there.
As regards the storm alert, it can be switched off without turning the other functions off.

[quote
As regards the storm alert, it can be switched off without turning the other functions off. [/quote]

Thanks, I'm aware of that, but at 3am in the morning I can never remember how and don't fancy having to look it up in the manual! It's good to know there's a much simpler solution of just switching the thing off.

I need CR2032 batteries for several items at home and buy them on line 12 for £2.86 post paid. As supermarkets seem to charge about £2.00 each I think I get quite a good deal.