​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where to camp nearby Lochailort ?

The local Policeman's wife used to do BB at Arieniskill NM786832.
or pitch nearby and have a breakfast instead. I've lost their number.
Track at the back goes over to Beoraid. Cheers.GWUY

Last August I managed to pitch my tent on the shore somewhere in Grid square 7480. It wasn't brilliant but it did for the night. Camping spots around there are a bit sparse. Good luck.

Hi Frederic,

In your message you indicate that the Bryden B & B seems to be no more, which immediately saddened me, for I have fond memories of staying at this B & B with Bill Howden prior to the start of Challenge 07.

So I phoned John Bryden and whilst he is no longer listed as a B & B he occasionally accommodates visitors to the Lochailort area.

I explained your difficulty in finding somewhere to stay and he immediately offered to provide a bed and breakfast at his home and drop you of at the Lochailort Inn to sign out.

I provided him with your first name and If you have not already sorted out alternative accommodation, you can contact him at:

Craiglea
Lochailort
Inverness-shire
PH38 4LZ
Tel/fax:01687470404 or john@brydenenterprises.co.uk

Since my visit in 07, his daughter Kirsty was sadly killed in a road traffic accident see www.kirstyskids.org and he would be seeking a donation to this charity for board/lodging.

P.S. I posted a message on this board (its currently on page 98) on 2 Jan 2012 concerning John Bryden and the help and assistance he provided to me.

Thanks much for the help ! ill contact them by mail.
When i was searching about their B&B i found the sad report about their daughter.

There is an excellent camp spot beside the river at NM769823, nice flat grass, lots of room, plenty of water. Have used this twice - first time knocked on the nearest door and asked permission (no problem), 2nd time no answer so camped anyway. On each occasion there were 4 or 5 tents. You can still have a brekkie at the hotel in the morning!