​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fabulous vetters

Just had our route back and we were both blown away with the thoughtfulness, tips and thoroughness of the comments. I'll be emailing and letting our vetter (Alan Hardy) know personally, but wanted to take the opportunity to thank the vetters for the great job they do. Their experience and knowledge is invaluable. Thank you!

Re: Fabulous vetters

AH is really soft & cuddly; just think yourself lucky that you didn't get Ol' Grumpy!

I can second that you do not want Grumpy to vet your route
( all the best Pete)

Cheers & Beers

I'd like to second that! It's only my second Challenge but in both cases I've been so impressed with the care and knowledge that has overflowed from the vetters' feedback. As a first-timer last year, the remarkable care taken left a lasting first impression of the supportive spirit of the Challenge, amply reconfirmed this year!

Many many thanks.

Jaya John

And don't believe Ol' Grumpy either. He's definitely up there with the best.

They're ALL amazing.

I would also like to say thank you very much. It is great to know that someone with lots of experience of the hills has given your route the once-over. When you are going through an area for the first time this is a great relief, as no matter how you try to read the map and imagine what it is like there there is no substitute for someone suggesting that you do something in a more sensible way....

I have to say that the 'suggestions' have been made gently to me, yet once I looked at them I thought why didn't I see that myself?

Last year I think one of the 'suggestions' actually saved my route on Storm Sunday. It didn't feel like it at the time, but looking back I think I might have got stuck at Blackburn Bothy, as some others were, if I had been doing my original route. Due to a suggested traverse across country, although it was hard work in the storm I hit the Corrieyairack Pass higher up, and so made it to Melgarve Bothy as intended, albeit very wet and bedraggled!

So thank you to my vetter - and when you again made 'suggestions' to me this year I was attuned to the advice!