​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routes - the closing hour

Evening all,

Last 75 minutes for receipt of routes.

As you might imagine, I've been rather swamped with routes in the last day or two, many followed up with a request for acknowledgement. Afraid I'll be handling them in the usual order so please bear with me if youve recently submitted your route sheet and haven't heard back yet.

The deadline has prompted one or two withdrawals so some standby listers will receive good news very soon; requests for acknowledgement will only delay that process so please instead bear with me.

Night night all,

J

Re: Routes - the closing hour

Am I being too harsh here.
If you are submitting your route with 2 or 3 days to the deadline, and you are not coming off the standby list, are you in the wrong event, because that is sloppy standards.
Just my opinion...
Or is it?

I was supposed to call someone yesterday. My wife comes home from work and asks if I did make that phonecall : I totally forgot.
Why ? My mind was focused on the Challenge and I'm a man : there's room for only one thing. Actually two but the latter is 'always' there .

i'm with Andrew ! slack laziness dosn't help anyone, least of all the main man J.M. excuses and so called reasons are lame fare.its what i expect to have to put up with next october though if i am on the standby list.

By definition, submitting before the deadline is not too late (however close to it) and after the deadline is too late.

What other people do really isn't anyone elses business unless it affects others?

Well raptor.
It might not be too late, but it's still sloppy.
Bit like England's rugby today.

Many thanks for that, "Owl".

I'm hoping to stand down the vetters in the next few days and give them a break after four and half months hard work.

In that regard then it does affect others – if everybody submitted at the last minute things would grind to a halt at which point it would become every Challengers' business. Fortunately most get their routes in well in advance of the deadline and we're very grateful for that.

JM

Perhaps what you should do it get all the Gnomes & Goblins from VetterWorld to devise an "official" route from east to west that consists of

a) Miles of Road Walking especially the A9 and / or Motorways

b) Valley Floor walking, nothing over 100 metres

c) Loads of Bog Trotting

d) Consists of 20-25 mile days

e) Passes through no towns

f) Does not pass within 10 miles of any pub

g) In order not to be too cruel, maybe only a dozen river crossings

Therefore if they don't submit their approved route, they have to follow the "official" route

No hang on, that won't work it's the same as the route I've just submitted. Doh !

Badger
Perhaps what you should do it get all the Gnomes & Goblins from VetterWorld to devise an "official" route from east to west...

An interesting route...

oops

Maybe making the late comers walk both ways is a little too much

..... dyslexia rules ko !