​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MY TGOC 2013 Gear list

I wondered why all I got was some stuff about bible studies.

Ian C.

Gordon's taking just one book on the Challenge : the Guttenberg Bible.

Devine

hi gordon , re your crocs weight; mine are 235 grms . are yours all terrain/multipurpose or just heavy? best wishes for the off . cheers bill h.

I've got Classic big feet.

Gordon Green

It would be great to see other examples of gear being used on the TGOC.

Interesting list Gordon.

Your stake kit is using groundhogs, are they the long ones? I've the standard kit from MLD with the long Eastons and pins. Glazing film is groundsheet, yes?

Mine is still under construction, but you can see it HERE

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the list Mike.

The MSR Groundhogs are the standard length, about 7.5".

The glazing film is the groundsheet. It is Tyvek, or very much like it. Light and tough and lasts ages. I'm treating myself to a new sheet this year - £6.49. The old bits are still ok, but very dirty.

Ard! Moi? Robin,

No, I just missed it out transferring from spreadsheet to paper to Blog. I've changed the Blog, now.

I use a cut down ridgerest at 200grms and a piece of radiator insulation (torso and legs).

The radiator insulation (another piece) is also used for a windshield and can be used for a food keep-it-warm pouch. A roll of this stuff lasts ages. Just cut/use/dispose.

Fingers crossed - looks like the plague rats are about to bite!

Rob, if I was to replace all of my gear now it would cost .....a lot. It soon mounts up. Buying over the years doesn't hit home so hard. All my MLD stuff alone totals well over £1000! But, it is quality gear and will last.

I couldn't see a sleeping mat on your list. You're obviously well 'ard

Fascinating , Gordon.
As a matter of interest, how would you price that lot at present day replacement values ?

I, too, have a voyeuristic fascination with the contents of other people's packs. With some trepidation, as my pack always appears heavier than everyone else's, I attach a link to my kit list. Does the use of a string of mules to share the burden contravene the Challenge rules?

http://fellbound.blogspot.co.uk/

No problem using asses to carry your pack. Actually I think there will be three stabled in Oban, you could load your gear up on Friday morning! No names, no pack drill!