​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Torridon Transport

yes, I remember that weather. We thought the only consolation was that it couldn't be any worse in 2012.

Oh yes it could.

Thanks for that.
Cheers
Mark

Mark, I'm sorry, I ought to have been more constructive in answer to your query! But I'm actually not in a position to advise: the only year I started from Torridon was one where I had a late start, got a lift Sunday morning to Garve (a friend), tried without success to hitch-hike from there, gave up and got an afternoon train to Strathcarron, and then reached Torridon via two separate lifts, eventually starting my Challenge after 5pm.

But I'm sure I remember reading in the past on this message board that a couple who ran a B&B in Torridon would fetch Challengers from the train.....perhaps someone will pop up and confirm or refute this? Of course, if you have already booked the youth hostel or camp site, it's not going to help much

Good luck anyway. People are usually pretty generous with lifts up there - it's just that there aren't all that many people! But it's a LOVELY start point.

I think that Jean is referring to Tom & Liz Forest (ex Challengers) who run a B&B at Cromasaig, Kinlochewe. In the past they have taken Challengers to Torridon on Friday morning but they don't run a taxi service and they now (probably) only offer this service to Challenges who stay with them. A Google search will get their details and they can be contacted direct; I'm not sure they still follow this forum.

Thank you Grumpy, that's the one!

I hope Mark hasn't given up looking at this thread.