​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any one got a route?

I sense a business opportunity here.

I now realise that my hoard of old routes has value. I wonder what price the busy challenger would pay for a proven and pre-vetted route?

Phil is not a trustworthy supplier. Forget horsemeat - he gave me a dessert once and freely admitted that it was 100% moose!

Lord only knows what he puts into his routes.

sorry Phil but I got there first.

Grumpy Tours

Challenge 2014

Route planning service.

Option 1) Bronze Service, Standard Route. You will receive a plan of a route tailored to your abilities this will give daily distance, height gain and time and show your route and overnight halt points. $1995

Option 2) Silver Service, Special Route. All of the above plus a PDA showing your route and all maps pre-loaded. The PDA will also include MP3 recordings of suitable ethnic music to accompany you on your trek. Includes pre-booking of B&B or hostels to your choice and food and equipment drops to specified locations. $3995

Option 3) Gold Service, Deluxe Route. All of option 2 plus one of our perambulatory technicians who will walk the route for you and each evening down load a pod cast, with 5 complimentary photographs taken during the day (additional photographs available for only $9.95 per picture) so that you can live the experience from the comfort of you armchair. At the end of the trek you will a certificate of accomplishment and a tee shirt with printed logo “Scotland Coast to Coast – I did it my way!” $9995

Please don't all rush at once.

I'm horrified.

smiff,

Mr Grumpy

Very interesting, Very Interesting !

I'll take 2 of Option 1, 3 of Option 2 and finally 4 of Option 3.

I think that totals $55,955.

You didn't specify the currency so I assume you are a nice chap and will accept my local currency.

In which case I will put a 100 Trillion Zimbabwe Dollar note in the post today.

Oh and since you are such a lovely person, keep the change.

Sorry but there is a limit of four in one group, we must abide by the Challenge rules!
$,$ and more $ (US of course)

I'll take four – got change for a Zog?

If anyone needs US Dollars to purchase their route package, I'll give a Very Special deal to TGOers....to make it really easy for all involved (because change is so heavy to carry), let's say 1 pound for 1 Dollar..is it against Challenge Rules to take orders on this message board?

Hey Louise, the way things are going over here that may be a good exchange rate by May 14!

Is it me or is there a degree of Ryanairesqueness creeping in here. Next thing Grumps will be trying to charge us all £20 for taking luggage and £1 for going to the toilet. You might also find your sign out point at Torridon is actually in a field 50 miles away.

Ian C.