​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sleeper Tickets on Sale

Dickie F

Thanks for the heads-up.

Just got two tickets for the Wednesday night departure to Inverness at £39 each !

Now to get the tickets Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh, then the bus to Armadale and the ferry to Mallaig. Arriving 15:10

I know it's the long way around but I've always wanted a trip on the Kyle line.

Only 83 days, 12 hours and 54 minutes to go ! Can't wait

Done

Does anyone have the URL of the website or is it a secret?

Just Google in Caledonian Sleeper.

Probably sounds a silly question but I'm confused by the bit on the website that says reservations must be made?

If I buy a ticket am I not making a reservation?
Can I buy just a seat and sleep in that or do i have to have a bed berth?

thanks!

Sue

Hi Sue.
When the options in the little squares come up near the top of your screen, if they have a little red bed on the corner of it, the price includes a sleeping berth. If it doesn't, then you are seated.

Hope this helps?
Alan
Good luck!

Thanks, Alan

I am dithering about sleeping berth or 11 hours in a seat, dozing . . . .

Ok - have gone and booked a seat!

Sue

Little red bed booked. I need my sleep after meeting up with Alan, Andy and Phil. £66 to Inverness and a bed. Cant complain.

The best deal on train tickets I have managed to find from the NW to Strathcarron was at www.raileasy.co.uk it may be worth checking before you use The Train Line etc.

I'm travelling from Montrose (park my car at the campsite, if still possible) by train (Montrose-Fort Bill-Mallaig). Have chopped it in several pieces, result a.41,80. Smaller pieces b. 69,00 No pieces c.42,10.
Train to Inverness and bus to Mallaig will be 36,20 but I prefer the special 'Challenge train' this time. Leaving Montrose 9.18am, Glasgow 12.07pm on the Thursday. Mallaig arrival 17.43pm.

12 weeks from now I'll be pitching my tent somewhere near the River Carnach

Phew! Got a bargain berth ticket on the Thursday 23:50 train to Glasgow for £29,00.
That's 12 hours after Dickie's post.

And you think you will get sleep on the late night boozer to Glasgow?

On the Thursday night sleeper to Glasgow £39. Who else is on this one ?

Russ

Russ
On the Thursday night sleeper to Glasgow £39. Who else is on this one ?

Russ
Getting dopey on too much training, or maybe Jack Daniels or both. Meant Wednesday night sleeper.

Hello Petal!

I thought it was strange that you would miss the Queen Street Thursday Morning Bash!

As far as I'm aware, so far on the Wednesday 11:50 Euston to Glasgow Caledonian Sleeper we have

Phil Lambert
Andy Walker
Alan Sloman
Martin Rye
Russ 'Petal' Manion

Anymore?

The first TGO Challenge party of 2013 will be held on Wednesday evening in the Bree Louise, a short hobble from the front door of Euston Station - starting around 8:00pm. It serves fifteen real ales, nine real ciders and over fifty "craft" lagers. It also makes wonderful pies.

After this, we can retire to the bar on the sleeper for a nightcap.

Of course, there will also be quite a few on the 9:15 Caledonian Sleeper from Euston to Inverness as well, so the 8:00pm start at the pub means these early birds can spend some time at the Bree Louise as well!

And, then there's the 9 15 sleeper going to Inverness ..... and other places.

So, a brief time in the Bree Louise with the the elite band of reprobates, before getting on the train.

But, I'll be in Scotland before ye! Hoots man!

Never mind the beer, the Bree Louise sells pies! Has the Pieman accredited this place as an official signing out point?

I'd need to check it out, JD, but with a daft name like Bree Louise (isn't that some kind of disgusting French snot-coloured runny cheese?) - it doens;t look hopeful.
However, if the TGO would sponsor me to go to Euston to sample the delights, followed by a ticket on the "sleeper" (note the inverted commas here) to Glasgow , I would probably make the sacrifice and knock up a recommendation to the committee.
East coast mainline do cheap first-class deals to That London y'know.

No probs, Mike. I have organised for you first class return rail tickets from The North to That Lunndain. I thought it best to put you up in a four star hotel there, rather than have you risk your health with the scruff on the sleeper train. One little problem; apparently we need your credit card details to ensure your journey progresses smoothly. If you send me the full number with security number from the reverse, and your PIN I'll whizz those tickets to you pronto.

I will be on the 23:50 from Euston as well. I will arrive at Gatwick at 6am. If I am sleeping at the bar wake me in time to run to the station ......

We are on the 21:15 to Inverness, so we'll be in the Bree at around 19:30.

See you there.

Ray & Amanda

P.S. 15 Real Ales! Maybe I should schedule an earlier arrival

See you there, Badger.

We'll be able to get a head start on the real reprobates.

Pies and beer. Perfect training for the next two weeks.

On second thoughts, I may need to be there a bit earlier - 15 real beers - umm and pies.

How long will it take to drink 15 pints, Andrew?

It's very popular.
Early arrivals need to bag a bloody big table or lots of little tables.