​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Getting to Sheil Bridge (for Glenelg).

Its quite a pleasant walk from Shiel Bridge to Glenelg - but you have to fight off all the people who want to give you a lift. I did accept tea and cake from some peeps in a camper van, though...
Glasgow or Inverness bus to Uig does the job. Very scenic but not good for those of us cursed by travel sickness!

Thanks for all your ideas. I have now booked the 07.35 train from Penrith to Glasgow - gets in at 09.15, so should have 45 mins to leg it to bus station for the 10am bus, or taxi if late, then Citilink bus all the way to Shiel Bridge, where that nice Mrs Davidson from Glenelg says she will pick us up and give us a lift over the pass (we booked a room with her, so now I've got to cancel the YHA beds at Ratagan.). Anyway, might hike over if it's fine. Hope that bus has a toilet - yikes! What if it hasn't - better get dehydrated, or find my Shewee thingy, wot I ain't never tried....

I can't remember if that bus has a toilet but, last year, it did stop in Fort William long enough for a trip to Morrisons to top up on nibbles and use the facilities.

The bus normaly does have a toilet and it stops at Tyndrum and Fort William so no need to pre-dehydrate.

Ian C.