​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: potable water

Have to agree regarding the travel tap. It gives good peace of mind, but the effort required to extract water is a bit over the top. Last Challenge, I was kneeling on it with all my weight to get a pretty meagre flow.

I've swapped to a Sawyer filter since then. Carry Micropur to use if the water is really suspect.

Agree with Mr Grumpy about water, although I have been caught short once or twice so I do carry a supply.

I treat all of my water by taking it to the pictures and then for dinner and a few jars in the "Reservoir Keeper and Laudry Maid Arms" It's usually Ok with that. Wot other people said - you're in much more danger of squitters by touching handles in railway carriages on your way to Scotland or sleeping with strangers in bunkhouses, bothies and hostels. Avoid rubbing itchy eyes and get paranoid with the alcohol gel and you'll still get the squitts! Enjoy the time in the loo/ peat hag/over the wall in the woods by yourself. Try not to make too much noise. Take a book. And remember that sphagnum moss is God's gift to those with a sore bum.

Thanks a lot to all of you for the answers and comments...
Now I'll try to sort it out !