​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: La Sportiva Mountain Running Shoes

I've read some good reviews of the Raptors and decided to get a pair, now in the post, after finding last year that my otherwise-useful Scarpa Rangers were pretty hard on the feet when doing distances on roads or hard tracks.

Fellow Challengers Martin Rye reviewed them here and David Lintern wrote about using them on last year's Challenge here.

Snow and Rock currently have a few models of La Sportiva shoes on sale.

Jaya John

Thanks a lot to Alan, Willem and Jaya for infos and comments !

Interested to see that Alan Sloman is back to boots this year. Why so? I have over the last year been doing my ****est to get used to trail shoes in inspired by the views of the likes of Chris T, Martin Rye and even Mr Sloman after 40+ years in boots. I had just decided to wear trail shoes in May when I saw his post, and doubts began to flow as fast as the River Tilt in spate. On that note I am now going to start a new thread about river crossings and footwear....

If anyone is still considering their footwear choices and has muckle plates, I have a pair of the above mentioned Raptors in a 12 available for the modest sum of £25 + p&p. They are used, but with plenty of life left.
Too big for me.

I tried on some Raptors, but found them a bit narrow for my yeti like feet.

I will still be in Roclites this year, even though I am walking with Messrs Sloman & Lambert in their boots.
I will most likely be taking some spikey things in case we get onto some ice up on Creag Meagaidh and over the tops to Laggan.
Can't go back to boots, because I only have a pair of old Meindl's, and they weigh nearly as much as the rest of my kit, and they'd kill my feet over the 2 weeks.

They can't possibly be your feet: Where's all the filthy, fraying Micropore tape gone?

Thanks for the posts on the La Sportiva footware.

They prompted me to look further into the La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0s and I have just pushed the button to order a pair.

I'm hoping these prove to live up to their billing.

My previous venture into lightweight footware was a pair of Innov8s which were next to useless in fit and comfort.

Could the Wildcats replace my Keen Targee 11s this May?

Maybe.