​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snow - ho ho!

A light covering here in The Borders - but I'm only at 80m. This morning The Cheviot looked to have substantially more. Let the sledding begin! Am roasting chestnuts as we squeak!

Re: Snow - ho ho!

Various levels of squeaking can result from the roasting of chestnuts. Snow can provide some relief.

I don't know what you're on about there is no snow here in Mallorca.

Ian C.

Here it is 30 Deg C, Dry & Blue Sky. Just in case you wanted to know.

William

You two, Ian C. and William B., will be ill prepared this way. White sands, high temperatures, wine and women instead of rain, sleet, peat hags and dangerous rivercrossings. Shiver !

It's -7 degreees centigrade in Braemar. If this continues I might need to put on a vest.

Gas mark 8 here in Crook. Chips take twenty minutes at this heat.

But we have a bit of snow - a light covering by normal January standards,despite the dire warnings on the Beeb. When will the Beeb/Met office come to the appreciation that snowfall and low temperatures between November and April ( or May if it's a TGO) isn't really news,

Only 36C here today, 41C tomorrow.

TrailStar arrived the other day, pitched it for seam sealing, had to hammer the pegs in the ground was so hard.

If you think this is dry, we have places north of here that are _really_ dry :)

Mike

That reminds me.
I need to re seam seal mine.

Our ground is frozen.

Theo, I do hope those peat hags weren't intended as contrasting parallel to the women you mentioned.......some of us might just be ancient enough to be sensitive to such double-entendres

Dear Jean,

imho I actually believe women are like dangerous rivercrossings no matter their age : one slip and a man goes down.

Ah well, Theo, river crossings can be pretty temtestuous......there's no danger from an ancient Peat Hag

When an ancient Peat Hag catches fire she can smoulder for a long time

Ooooh, exciting prospect, must remember that one!