​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gairlochy Camping

Hi Stuart
Welcome to the Challenge! Sue & I stayed there on her LEJOG in 2010. They sold a few basic goods eg milk at reception. The couple running it were very helpful and I'm sure if you give them a ring in advance they'd hold a parcel for you. The facilities were good and clean. It was hard going getting the tent pegs in but the pitches were nice and flat. If you are passing through Spean Bridge the next day there's a well stocked Spar shop.

Hi Stuart,

Camped at Gairlochy Holiday Park on one crossing. I don’t remember a shop/cafe, but the general site & facilities were excellent. Proprietor then was Mr Anderson, and he willingly accepted a food parcel.

Later whilst planning the 2007 Challenge, I contacted Mr Anderson again and on this occasion he agreed to accept my food parcel even though I was up front and told him I was just passing through and not camping overnight.

He is aware of the annual TGO Challenge event and from my experience goes out of his way like many other proprietors to assist us.

My encounters were some years ago and things may have changed I would suggest you contact him and discuss.

Also check out ‘Gairlochy Holiday Park’ on the internet.

Thanks to all who have replied both here and email. very helpful indeed!

:)

not sounding negative but stayed there last year on the challenge - was at the end of a long day so not in the best mood but didn't think that much of the site. it is very hard to get tent pegs in and the showers were not up to much. You couldn't buy anything on site but the next day i walked to spean bridge & the spar there is great - can get hot food and drinks. I did also send a food parcel to the campsite which they had mislaid & only found it because i recognised the packaging under piles of other things. Perhaps I was just having a bad day. What is your route to Gairlochy? Incidentally doing the challenge is fantastic