​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Achlain to Ft.Augustus

Hi Chris,

I don't know when Alan went that way but I went up there this year. The Monday after the storm and it was still raining. I was not looking forward to the crossing and had spent the previous day cursing the weather and all the damage Balfour Beattie were doing in building this new power line.

The bad news is that I would say that the stream was close to impassible at that time, but the weather had been exceptional. The good news is that Balfour Beattie (bless them) have built a bridge over the Allt Phocaichain.

I think it is at approximately NH324113. But there is a bloody great new track that leads straight to it.

Colin.

Colin, Alan,

Thank you both - is there anything to which the Message Board can't provide the answer?

That takes care of the last of my concerns really. Now I'm worried that I've failed to enter into the spirit of the Challenge and have made it too easy for myself (apart from the little matter of actually putting in the daily mileage).

I'm looking forward to meeting other Challengers - this does really seem to be something special.

Chris

Ah, Colin, that'll be down to my fine long legs then!

Hmmm: If Balfour Beattie have got their hands on that route it'll be a fine old mess. There'll soon be a new wind farm above Inverwick too, as they have just put in for planning for three wind masts. Handy for the pylon route connection too...