​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need some techie help

Tried to download route sheets from John's site but it says link is broken.
Then I downloaded from the resources page but the route sheet won't allow me to put the cursor in the information boxes.
Never had trouble in previous years.
Must be doing something wrong, but what?
(Having to ask this makes me feel very old)

Re: Need some techie help

Hi Joy

I think your problem may be that you have downloaded the pdf file for the route sheet.

There are two versions - the one that you want is the Word file (the one with the little blue W).

Hope this helps!

Yip Yip. Like Phil says, it's the Word file that you need. Worked for me no probz.

And I too am starting/staring from Strathcarron. Taking an extreme (ha!) northern root. Strathcarron is a great start-point, and there's often live music in the bear. Looking forward to seeing you there. Can't wait. Won't wait. Yum yum.

Oh, I knew it must be something simple. Of course - I remember now - it is always a Word file.
Thank you guys.
Joy

http://blog.outdoorsmanning.com/__oneclick_uploads/2012/11/docs-for-tgoc-2013.zip

http://blog.outdoorsmanning.com/__oneclick_uploads/2012/11/docs-for-tgoc-2013.zip

Try the above link folks if the original is broke for you (it seems to corrupt every time I reset it… apologies…)

This new form....

It's a bit.... bright, isn't it?
Or is that just me, in my gloomy, rather boggy & sad place?

What was wrong with the old sober Navy Blue? All this bright blue is a bit blooming cheerful, isn't it?

Harrumph....

Yes, and when I try to fill in the information (in normal black so it shows up on the form) it doesn't want me to do this and keeps reverting to bright blue and bold. No matter what I do with the Word settings it just won't stay in normal thin line black. (Mind you , I'm still working with Word 2000)
I don't mind filling it in, in bright blue and bold but i think this could be hard to read?
I now feel about 109.

Apols for the blueness; I'll try to amend that but not for this year

The form was rebuilt to try to ensure that text didn't fly off the sheet, that the sheet retained it's two-page format, and yet allowed more space for FWA.

Oh, and we're requiring a little more safety info this year… in case it rains again.

Just downloaded a copy of the route sheet with no problems. Not quite so blue when printed. If you want to write in black, just alter the font colour, but you have to do it every time you go into a different box.
The size of the boxes don't stay the same though, they still widen to accommodate more words. Sorry John.

Just select the whole text box (click cross at the top left hand corner) on each page then set the text colour to automatic (black) job done.