​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
B&Bs in Inverness

I guess we are all aniously awaiting the outcome of Sierra's draw. While I wait I've been pondering accomodation in the event of a nice fat envelope arrive on my doorstep in the next few days. Normally there are a limited number of places to stay in any Chasllenge town or village but on my next route (be it 2013 or 2014!) I'm going via Inverness and there is so much choice on VisitScotland I have no idea where to start. So folks any recommendations for a Challenge friendly B&B that won't mind a bit of an aroma when I arrive,will take a parcel and is within staggering distance of a decent eatery?

Re: B&Bs in Inverness

Hi Ali,

I live in Inverness and can thoroughly recommend Castle View, my parents stayed there a few years ago and I joined them every morning for breakfast (which was excellent!).

The guesthouse is as central as you can get, right beside the River Ness and opposite the Castle, but very quiet. Several good restaurants and pubs are only a few minutes walk away (two of them are actually right below the guesthouse), and a launderette and a Tesco are just around the corner.

Daily newspapers are available for free, and so is fresh milk in a small communal fridge