​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Expedition Guiding Companies in Morocco

My younger daughter is going out to Morocco in December for 6 weeks and is keen to do some organised travelling whilst there including the Atlas Mountains and in particular Mount Toubkal.

Any Challenge chums got any experience of companies operating there that they can recommend, or otherwise.

Thanks,

cj

Re: Expedition Guiding Companies in Morocco

Hi Colin,

I have done Jebel Toubkal in winter, it's a great wee hill and while non technical it does require ice axe and crampons. I went with Exodus our leader was Mohamed Maachou who has his own company, Active treks Morocco. I would highly recommend Mohamed as a guide/leader his website can be found at www.activetreksmorocco.com

Ian C.

Colin,

Just in case your daughter doesn't do the Cotterill canter, running up 35 degree snow slopes, frantically snapping all and sundry as he goes, there's a fat pal of mine (anybody else remember the Blacks Palomine, what you might describe now as a very heavy ridge canvas tarp much loved by scouts in the late 1950's.) who went trekking in Morocco last year with his wife. I'll pass on your post and email address.

I bet your fat pal was a Good Companion.

Ten years ago I had a superb October trek from Mgoun to Toubkal along the High Atlas. It was actually a TGO Readers' Holiday, but was organised for them by KE Adventure Holidays, who still do a variety of Moroccan treks. Not sure if they've extended Toubkal into winter but I'm pretty sure there are others in the warmer south.

Ian, Jam & Jean,

Thanks very much for the info- have passed on the info and she says to buy you all a drink next May. Howeever still waiting for the reimbursement of costs associated with Ian's help to her in buying a new camera last year!!!!!! spose thats what dads are for?

Colin

Colin, I know about daughters......of course she means YOU to buy us all a drink next May.....