​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glen Quoich Bridge (NO101961)

Challenge chums may be interested to note that the above Glen Quoich bridge has now been boarded off and a notice attached states "Closed TFN due to structural defects". It looked reasonably OK to me and the notice might be just NTS cya yuckspeak. However anyone attempting to use it and it should fail would be guranteed a very expeditious trip to finish their crossing at Aberdeen Harbour. Not too sure if DD (now aka TD) would accept body- surfing down the Quoich and the Dee as a legitimate means of Challenge travel though.....

There was work in progress to replace the old Allanquoich bridge yesterday and this should be complete in mid December. Unfortunately still no progress on the Carnachuin replacement on Tuesday although an estate rep advised me that hopefully, if CNPA planning permission is ever received, work would commence in early May 2013 at the earliest and will definately not be available at Challenge time

cj

Re: Glen Quoich Bridge (NO101961)

NO101921 ?

Re: Glen Quoich Bridge (NO101961)

Theo,

Whoooooops- but close enough- should indeed be NO101921- I an due a visit to Specsavers next week (if I can find them, that is!!!!!)

cj